Industrial designs international registration
The Hague Agreement makes it possible to apply with a single form to the World Intellectual Property Organization and get the (industrial design) product appearance and shape protection in many countries, including Ukraine. The SION Patent Law Company experts will tell you the details in a new blog article.
WHAT GIVES REGISTRATION ACCORDING TO THE HAGUE AGREEMENT
The international industrial designs registration system allows you to patent the industrial design in several countries by filing an application.
Such protection covers all countries participating in the Hague Agreement:
- African Intellectual Property Organization
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- European Union
- The Korea Democratic Republic
- Côte d’Ivoire
- The Republic of Korea
- Sao Tome and Principe
- The Holy See
In this case, if an applicant asks for registration in an international organization, for example in the European Union, then it covers all of its members, and the industrial design in each of such countries is protected according to local legislation and has the same force as the national patent.
ADVANTAGES OF INDUSTRIAL SAMPLES REGISTRATION ACCORDING TO THE HAGUE AGREEMENT
- with one application we register the industrial design sample(s) (allowed up to 100 in one application) in several countries, including Ukraine
- does not require prior national patenting
- the possibility of filing an application electronically
- minimum of formalities, bureaucracy and costs associated with the individual application submission to each country
- simplifying the industrial design rights disposal
HOW TO REGISTER INDUSTRIAL SAMPLE ACCORDING TO THE HAGUE AGREEMENT
To obtain international industrial design protection, it is necessary to apply to the International Office of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
An application is a set of documents that are properly drawn up in English, French or Spanish. Our competent SION specialists will help you with it. Contact us!