TRADEMARK REGISTRATION IN THE EUROPEAN UNION
To conduct business in Europe, it is necessary to register a trademark in the European Union. How to do it and what you need for it — the SION Patent Law Company experts will help you.
You can register a trademark in the EU countries in either way:
- Registration in a separate country through OHIM (Office for Harmonization of the Internal Market)
- Registration simultaneously in all EU countries through an international application under the Madrid Protocol
WHICH IS THE BEST WAY TO CHOOSE?
On the one hand, trademark registration in the European Union under the Madrid Protocol makes it easier to do business, but on the other hand, if there is a reason to refuse at least one of the countries, you will be denied trademark registration in the whole EU.
So which way is best for your company, the SION Patent Law Company experts will tell you. Ask us for advice.
TRADEMARK REGISTRATION PROCEDURE IN EUROPE
To apply, you need the following information:
- Information about the trademark, services or goods class and description, as well as an indication whether it includes a logo
- Information about the applicant. If this is an individual, then his/her personal data. If it is the legal entity, then detailed information about the Company
- After submitting an application, it can be considered and contested for 3 months if there are similar or identical trademarks. If there are no complaints, the registration takes place.
The trademark registration in the European Union is valid for 10 years, after this period it can be extended for the same period. The only important point: it is necessary to start using a trademark within at least 5 years in one of the EU countries, otherwise registration can be canceled.
To register a trademark in European countries, please call +38 (044) 290 43 17 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.